View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #67 (permalink)
darkuni
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus (LTE) Rooted, Nexus 10 Rooted, Asus Nexus 7 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

darkuni

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroots View Post
What exactly are insta-sharing shortcuts and how do you create them? Also, how do you use FE to access the root of phone? When I connect from Dopus, I see the sdcard only with no way to move up. I have purchased the Pro version.

Update:
I've been using File Expert v5.0.2 with the Pro plug-in for the past few days. I find it very buggy. I've been trying to do the following, without success:
  • Access root of phone from Dopus
  • Create shortcut to any other folder besides sdcard

It seems that the developer needs to do some serious debugging. In the meantime, I submitted a bug report on their forum, but have not yet received a response. In contrast ES File Explorer seems bug free and totally consistent. I'll keep at it for a few more days hoping for a response before I abandon it and ask for a refund.
Pete
I don't believe "internal storage" is available for "sharing". I've honestly never tried it. I'll give it a spin.

Sharing any folder is pretty easy:

1) Find the folder to share
2) Long Press it
3) To Share immediately, hit NETWORK SHARE.
4) To create an insta-shortcut on your home screen, hit MORE then CREATE FTP SHORTCUT. When you touch that, on your home screen, it will immediately launch FTP sharing for THAT folder, and you're ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblue1 View Post
Great tutorial ... I've had Fe for a while now, but your tut really explained a lot of things i didn't understand, THANK YOU!

I don't have a pc, but i was wandering, is there a way i can post screenshots with file expert. I have the pro version.

I've been using box.net, but i don't like how they just give you a link to click, i want the screenshot posted not a link.

TIA
Not TOTALLY sure what you're asking. My solution for handling the sharing of screenshots has been to use a really nice ImageShack app which returns you a direct link to the photo - ready to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroots View Post
I have still not received any response from FE to either my email or forum posting. In the meantime, I have asked several questions on the ES forum and received timely response to all of them. Guess it will be ES for me; a great little program that does what it claims. BTW, I did learn that ES has a fixed timeout when acting as FTP server. The developer has stated that he will make it user-settable in the next version.
Pete
I'm glad you have something that works for you. This is why competition is healthy .. Keeps EVERYONE working.

I have submitted at least a DOZEN issues/bugs/suggestions to FE's team. The problem now, I think, is that they are supporting an iOS version - so their resources are cut down. Shame. I told them it was a bad idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I recommend Solid Explorer, especially for network sharing. Flip it to landscape, you get two windows and you can drag and drop to transfer files. Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Skydrive, ftp, sftp, smb/cifs and an ftp server are all built in.
I reviewed it a couple versions back. IMHO, doesn't touch X-Plore - but again, that was a awhile ago.

About time to update my file manager matrix anyway ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkuni For This Useful Post:
badblue1 (October 28th, 2012), EarlyMon (October 26th, 2012)