View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #22341 (permalink)
breadnatty08
Need Beer and Mustard

Device(s): LG G2, Moto G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7, HTC Flyer
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 5,411 Times in 3,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlues View Post
And I know a few of you have the Nexus 7's and I've looked at comments here and there but my best friend's father in law wants a non apple tablet and they want to give him one for his birthday (early December)......is there anything I should know to tell her that is not good ?

As for Apple vs Android apps the only thing I can ever come up with is that iOS is pretty standard. They do one big update a year and then developers can work with that. As much as I love Android there are still a couple different versions and some things are compatible with this and not that, or older hardware can't run something as well. I'm not knocking Android at all cause its my favoritest but its that its more fragmented in OS.
Tablet apps are still few and far between. You can visit the Play Store and they now have a section for tablet version of apps. Some stand out like Swiftkey (segregated keyboard), Pulse looks great, as does Currents.
Speed really is spectacular. Even though it's the same internals as my Prime, I find it a bit faster in regards to app switching and scrolling.
If your father in law is into ROMing (or you could help him), putting on "tablet mode" really helps open up screen real estate. It's not perfect, but I personally prefer it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breadnatty08 For This Useful Post:
BabyBlues (October 27th, 2012), ryancmatchett (October 27th, 2012)