View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #72 (permalink)
paroots

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus & Epic 4g Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSinz View Post
recently when i joined my android to my windows vista for mass storage(i have usb debugging mode always on as i always do mass storage) i was prompted to a box saying "do you want to scan and fix removable disk (G/(h". i at first ignored and cancelled it few times but it kept on coming so i decided lets fix it anyway and checked "scan and fix" but then windows says "windows cant check the disk while its still in use"...now what to do??
i later unchecked scan and fix option and checked recover and repair option and it did work and i was able to use go through my files in android...but again when i joined the box pops up again every time
although i am able to see my files but i have noticed that all my folder's have turned into(work as) application(?????), earlier i used to just copy-paste them, as my backup, into my PC but now i cant(since now they are now folders turned application)...where am i lacking guys, what am i supposed to do??
all i want is smooth mass storage and no sticky situation
I'm no expert, but I'll respond while we await an expert response. That message is intended for things like thumbdrives that can be scanned, formatted, etc. I would definitely never allow it to scan, repair, etc my phone. This is not the tool to fix/repair the phone. If things no longer work via your USB connection, I can't really offer any advice. In my case, I'm rooted and could easily do an Nandroid restore, but I'm not suggesting that in your case since I don't really understand your present status
Pete
Last edited by paroots; October 28th, 2012 at 07:25 AM.