View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bob Maxey

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

OK, I just went all in with Ubuntu. Why Ubuntu? I had a CD. In learning more, I discovered DistroWatch. Apparently, there are thousands if not several ways to go when jumping on the Linux Bandwagon. Too many choices, so I'll stick with Ubuntu until I learn enough to know WTH I am doing.

Seems like there are many distros all with their own quirks, issues, problems, features and so forth. I only wish I knew enough to know if I wuld be better off with Yellowdog, Puppy, Deft or Slax.

Sure be a learnin curve ahead and I have many questions.

I did try KDE Plasma because I read where it is "better" than Gnome. Rather, it seemed better to me. I downloaded the program, did whatever I remember doing and rebooted. I hated it because it asked for a login name and password. I could not figure out what to enter and everything I tried was in vain. No way in, so I reinstalled Ubuntu (I googled the hell out of my problem to no avail).

I still want to use Plasma, so I (think) I downloaded it again, but I am not sure what will happen when I reboot. So today is Ubuntu Learning Curve day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
argedion (October 28th, 2012)