View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rob
I'm tellin' mommy on you!

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,131 Times in 263 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Rob

Hey dautley,

First of all, thanks for your concern and we appreciate all the members such as you, even when you're offering criticism of all types. Phases is right in saying we've been doing this for quite awhile although we've recently adjusted the way this ad displays.

I think the fact that you've been around for 2.5 years and are JUST recognizing this goes to prove a point: we protect our members from seeing ads while loosening things up a bit for guests. Perhaps we should make it a bit more obvious that registered members see far fewer ads?

Again, as Phases has suggested, this ad type has become fairly standard for the more active forums. We're always interested in the feedback of our readers/members/users because it's you guys who make this place what it is. So thanks a bunch... let me know what you think about the above, and we'll definitely keep your feedback in mind as we continually try to improve the balance of user experience with "paying the bills".

Thanks again for your honest criticism.
You da man!
Rob
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
breadnatty08 (November 1st, 2012), D-U-R-X (November 1st, 2012), dautley (November 1st, 2012), EarlyMon (November 1st, 2012), Metroid Prime (November 2nd, 2012), NightAngel79 (November 10th, 2012), scary alien (November 1st, 2012), treb1797 (November 15th, 2012), Unforgiven (November 7th, 2012), Xyro (November 1st, 2012)