View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #172 (permalink)
3vodroid

Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneva54 View Post
I am currently using the og Evo 4g at work in my office which is in a metal building. I am able to use it as a hotspot but it only gets 3g reception which gets slow sometimes.

So with the new Evo 4g LTE I'm just wondering if I would get better reception or worse? Is this all dependent if they have LTE service around LAX where I work?
You will probably get similar results with the evo lte, I have way better service with my evo lte than with my 3vo. So of anything you should see an improvement.

But of course if you are lucky enough to have 4glte in your area then that is something the OG EVO simply can't compete with. I work In a metal building as well.. And me and all of my coworkers(all different carriers) get similar results. Crappy signal. In my area verizon is the best. 4glte everywhere. Sprint is the most reliable In my area. But network speeds aren't as good as verizon. ( no wimax/4glte) But in the building Noone gets good service at all. So bottom line I lt really all depends on your network where you are.