Thread: General t510 gripes
View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
mkaster

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I registered for the forums just so I can put my 2 cents out there about this specific model and the experiences I have had with it.

So far, I have had my T510 replaced twice, and now I'm on my third and require a replacement ONCE AGAIN for the SAME EXACT REASON! Wanna know what that reason is? Of course you do. The reason is, the back light DIED COMPLETELY on WAY TOO MANY OF THESE DEVICES! The first one died on me in a week, the second died on me in 2 months, the third died on me in 2 weeks, I am waiting on an email from velocity to see if they will replace it because radioshack refuses to now!

Ontop of that, Pretty much every app I've installed crashes for no reason. It has 1GB RAM? So what!? You can never load enough apps to fill half the ram because they crash before then! A LOT of apps also just don't run or work at all. I can't even use skype and that was one of the reasons I purchased a tablet!

There is no google play at all, even if you install it, it won't run. So you have to find the APK files of whatever you want to install from the google play store if it isn't in amazon and most of the time the apps you install won;t run or crash soon after loading anyways!

If you see this message before purchasing one of these, please do yourself a favor and just don't do it. I'd go back to palm pilots before I'd buy another one of these pieces of shit!