View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #1624 (permalink)
Dsniadajewski

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default App for Giving back change to a dollar

I work at a place that helps handicapped and disabled persons prepare for and find jobs in the community. We have a kitchen which has a Point of Sale (register) where our clients can learn how to enter the sales , collect the money and give back change when necessary. The hardest part for most of them to learn is giving back change. The amount of change to be given back is on the screen - the dollar bills are not an issue but the change (cents) is always a problem. I would love to be able to place an Android tablet next the the register and when the screen calls for $.xx for change, they would be able to enter that amount into the app and the app would show in picures of quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies - how to come up with the correct change. And alternatives if you have no dimes for instance. I have found the opposite - the pictures of coins and you have to enter the correct total for learning, but I would love to see the other way around. Does anyone know of an app with this ability?