View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
bfksc

Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeeyedbecky View Post
How would I move apps to the USB/SD storage on the Nexus S? I would like to install some apps, but I'd prefer them to be stored on the 13.31 GB available and not the 0.98 GB Internal storage.
The option to move them to USB is greyed out, and I'm getting REALLY frustrated.
The app must support the feature of moving to 'SD card' storage. If the app doesn't support it, then it can't be moved and the option will be greyed out. For instance, Google Maps can't be moved, but Google Sky Map can. And it's good that some can't be moved because they need system access, like Google Maps which needs location via GPS access and may need to stay within internal storage. Sky Map only uses wireless location info for approximate area so it doesn't need system access. Or for performance issues, the author wants to keep the app in the main internal memory area. None of this is the fault of the phone, it's an issue with the app.

Some apps may have had the option before, but with newer OS versions the app may not have been updated to support the new OS.