View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
xevious

Device(s): HTC Evo 3D (x2), HTC Hero (retired)
Carrier: Ting (Sprint)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBPHeretic View Post
You might want to wait for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE. You could also just go with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

They are both LTE equipped handsets, so you will be at the forefront of 4G technology when Sprint flips the switch on LTE later this year. The Sprint HTC EVO 3D and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II are both great handsets, but they depend on Wi-Max which is dying in a few years.
Yes indeed, after doing a lot of research I came to the decision that if my next phone is an Android, it'll be an HTC Evo 4G LTE (ain't that a mouthful). While the SGSIII is impressive, there's just something about the form factor that doesn't appeal to me.

I had thought about the iPhone 5, as Kitsap did. I have to say, that build quality wise Apple makes a very sexy device. It just looks gorgeous and the fact that the back is mostly aluminum now (instead of a glass panel), I feel a bit better about it. The screen is vibrant and graphics the smoothest around. But... I am still rather ticked off at Apple for the memory price gouging ($100 to go from 16Gb to 32Gb). That's just robbery, pure and simple. Also, the black anodized edging is susceptible to scratches and chipping. And last but not least, it's the "locked down" nature of iOS. I've come to deeply appreciate Android for a number of reasons. The OEM ROM may be suitable for most, but having the option to root and load a variant is just so nice.

If money was no option, I'd have both. But for now, the iPhone is a "luxury item" that I feel is way over priced for what you get.