View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
truehybridx

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruusky View Post
Hey everyone,

After much thought I want to start developing my own apps. From my research everything seems like all over the place where to start and stuff. A lot of posts and articles are outdated and I cant see to find answer to my question. I know Android apps rely heavily on java and some books i looked at said that this isn't a book for app development just for websites. The 1st question is, should i bother buying past versions of development books so I can catch up? Or should I get books that focus on the latest 4.0 version?. 2nd question is which books or websites train you that was most helpful for you guys? I was considering buying Professional Android 4 Application Development by Reto Meirer and Pro Android 4 by satya komatineni dave maclean, because I know they tutor you for the latest version. I bought the Lynda videos for app development, but I didn't like it it was too broad.

Thanks

I started with Learning Java for Android Development, and Beginning Android 4 Development from Apress and I'm making pretty good progress considering i only bought my device 5 days ago.
I've also been checking out some videos from here but mostly on an as needed kind of base List of Videos for Android Application Development

Hope this helps
Last edited by truehybridx; November 7th, 2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added another book name