View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
bfksc

Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemalbar View Post
Hello i have been visiting a lot of websites lately which say that the ICS update for the GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi + 3G. is already out..
Perhaps my location could be causing problems?i am from mauritius
Wow, first time I've written to a Mauritian, island home of the Dodo bird! Welcome to the forums!

I don't know if your location is an issue or not but you could update the tablet manually if you want. That's what I did using the same flash file and it runs great. No carrier junk files or settings either as this gives you a very generic version of ICS. The flash update file includes many languages including French and English. Follow this guide, download the files needed, and flash to ICS:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 Upgrade to Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware P7500XXLQ8 | Android Firmware Updates

I recommend doing a factory reset after you update as the look and feel of the OS changes a lot. Then setup the tablet and you've got ICS in full. I find it's a very noticeable improvement over v3.2 HC. Any questions or conerns, post them here and enjoy ICS.