View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
lunatic59
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 13,218 Times in 7,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosha View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by not completing a full reset. I use the factory data reset option in my settings under privacy.
Let me ask you this. After the reset, does it take you back to the Welcome screen where it asks you to register or enter your gmail account?

Quote:
I have seriously spent so many hours trying to think of what I have forgotten to consider and I have always come down to the only common denominator being my phone number but I thought that was just silly to even mention. Now that you say the spoof thing I am very curious as to how this could happen, and is there anyway to find out if this is the problem? I kept the same number when I transferred to AT&T and do remember having issues connecting to the internet and facebook even with my iphone that I had before switiching to this Glide, but no physical issues like I have had with droids so I wrote it off as a bad signal. Can you tell me anymore about spoofing and where to go from here?

Thanks!!
The behavior you describe is so atypical that I can only think the phone number/account is where your problems may lie. The easiest way to check this is to put a different sim into your phone and see if it works properly. If so, then go to the AT&T store and explain the situation and tell them you'd like a new number.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
skosha (November 7th, 2012)