View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
mitk0o0o0
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mitk0o0o0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerofld View Post
Does your battery feel firm or is it puffed out and feels a little spongey?

If it feels firm, it's good to go and you should be fine. If it's puffy or feels soft...do not plug it in! Dispose of it via official battery recycling centers. It doesn't contain acid, but it does contain chemicals and heavy metals that can injure you and/or catch on fire. Do not just throw them out (because it'll catch fire in the trash just as easily).

Or replace it for the sake of replacing it.

PS: Rice does little to nothing for saving your phone. Rice does absorb water, but pure water does not conduct electricity. The sediment that is suspended in water conducts electricity. So, like when water is evaporated from the ocean to form rain, rain is fresh water because the salt was left in the ocean. Same theory goes here. The sediment is left behind (to cause short circuits) when the water is removed. You likely just got lucky that the sediment wasn't substantial enough to form a short circuit or has had the time to corrode internal components.
Well it feels hard/firm I mean it's not soft and all that, feels like a brand new battery when I'm holding it.

And also are you talking about that I was lucky that it didn't short circuit while it was still powered on while wet? Like I said, while it was still wet everything was still functional. I could hear the sound (because it started "charging" like I said) and I was also able to unlock it. Even hold the power button to power it off manually but it hit me "what the hell am I waiting for?" so I just took off the battery.
__________________

mitk0o0o0 is offline  
Reply With Quote