View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #67 (permalink)
Rose4uKy

Device(s): Had the EVO4G the EVO 3D and now the EVO4G LTE!
Carrier: Not Provided

This is an old thread and I am jumping in late too but I wanted to know I have the EVO 4G LTE. My phone sits in a dock on my windshield. I want to listen to my music from Google Play through my speakers. I have an old Kenwood with Sirius. I was told that I could do the male to male adapter or an FM Transmitter. My stereo has an aux in the back. So everytime I wanted to listen through stereo speakers I would plug this cord into my 3.5 jack on my phone. I was told this will give me better sound than an FM transmitter. And I know this thread is about FM transmitters

But if I was to go the FM Transmitter route and I think I tried one a few years back with an old MP3 player and it wasn't so great is there one brand that's better than another? Should I go with a bluetooth one like this

Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling for ANDROID, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Car Electronics

Or here's just a normal one that plugs into your phone

Amazon.com: Super Compact 3.5mm Mini Music FM Radio Transmitter For HTC EVO 4G: Electronics

I'm undecided on what to do. The place that put in my stereo said for 35 40 bucks they can do the male to male thing and install it to the AUX in the back. But I don't know if I want that cord in the way so I did a search on FM transmitters and it took me to this thread and I am trying to see what the best option is for me and what others recommend. I know this is an old thread and I'm gonna google some stuff also. Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzam View Post
Jumping in a bit late...

My Nokia N900 phone has a built-in FM transmitter, and I'm very satisfied! It's indeed very helpful as use it regularly in my car (no aux, no bluetooth). Buying a separate transmitter would be combersome and ugly at some point when you plug it to a phone. So I totally agree with Matt!