View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
lunatic59
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 13,443 Times in 7,355 Posts

Okay, to me that says that one of your chargers damaged your phone or the USB connector is faulty by either a broken or intermittent connection. I would suspect that a power spike/overload or the repeated connecting and disconnecting while plugged in has somehow damaged the file system. Since this has been an ongoing problem, I'd see if AT&T will replace it for you under warranty.

They'll most likely swap it out with a refurb, but it will be fully tested before you get it. I've had so have a phone replaced by AT&T and they were very propmt in getting it to me. They actually shipped it FedEx the same day and provided a return label for the old, damaged phone. They will need a credit card for the transaction in case you don't return the old phone in time, but as long as you do, there is no charge.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (November 8th, 2012), skosha (November 9th, 2012)