Today is "Guide a n00b Friday" - very open-ended phone/carrier search
I may be abandoning my Palm Treo soon.
Work has announced that a new cell policy is coming, meaning we can buy whichever device we like, get a monthly expense stipend for the plan. No Blackberries required (yay!)
Our Verizon family plan contracts are all expired so we're on grandfathered month to month billing, no commitments.
So I am now shopping for both a new phone (or several, for the family) as well as a new carrier.
Here's what I want in a phone.
- actually works reliably as a phone
- newer OS (implying, correctly, that I'm open to used devices to save $)
- larger screen (larger than an iphone 3, let's say)
- wi-fi, duh
- mobile hotspot capable
- gps <-- real GPS, not just the cell network stuff.
- expandable memory
- removeable battery
- physical buttons, especially if one can be set to open the camera app quickly.
Carrier - all are potentials. I'm partial to Verizon because they have good coverage just about everywhere.
If there's a reliable site where I can plug in these spec's, I'd appreciate the link... have been googling for a while and some of my requirements are a bit non-standard, it seems.
Thanks in advance.
Yes, I actually still use a Palm Treo 700p. It's a fantastic and utterly reliable phone.