View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
BrianJB
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) Motorola Xoom 32GB Wifi LTE (Verizon) iPad 1 16GB (Wifi only) iPod Touch 8GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
I believe the companies you refer to, and countless others, were trying to hold out hope, keeping their staffs intact on the assumption that (a) Romney would be elected and (b) the country could at least get on the road to recovery. But when it went the other way, all plans for future business growth, let alone just staying alive, are in complete jeopardy. I also believe that countless giant manufacturers will mysteriously move overseas in the middle of the night, having given up on trying to make a profit in this left-for-dead-country. Id move too, if I knew any language besides Arizonan.

I guess what I am trying to say is that many of the companies that have been mentioned the past few days have been places that had already been laying people off...I think RIM has been doing layoffs since 2007.

To me it just feels like it has been political fire.

I have always been one to think that if a company thinks they could make a better profit by manufacturing something overseas they will do it, regardless who is in office.

We have had companies leaving the states under Regan,Bush,Clinton,W,and Obama. And I think they would continue to do so under Romney.