View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
jerofld
Fixing stuff is not easy

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld

I don't think Apple is done litigating. They just threw Ice Cream Sandwich in their latest ongoing war with Samsung...directly bringing Google into the fight (and not Googlerola). If they can nail down ICS, JB is just a quick hop away. That would be a crushing blow to Android.

However, the USPTO is finally starting to evaluate some of the patents they gave to Apple and is rejecting some of them. I think this is pressure from judgments assigned by international courts (which are largely against Apple's favor) as showing these patents/arguments as ridiculous. I expect that, eventually, these trials and patents will be thrown out or overturned to save face. Apple touted that the German and US courts sided with them when forced to apologize by the UK courts. But if you count the tallies, a larger number rejected the exact same claim. Eventually it's going to make American courts look like they are protecting an "American" product (even though Samsung makes most of the iPhone's components until very recently where Apple is trying to vary their suppliers).
The Following User Says Thank You to jerofld For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (November 12th, 2012)