View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #66 (permalink)
ElasticNinja

Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

ciaranhurley0@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
I have no idea how.
Then you cannot think analytically?

Quote:
Proportional Representation is great in a multi-party system, but here we have a two party system so it makes no sense.
You have a two party system because you don't have proportional representation or the need for legislative majorities.

Quote:
Having the President picked by Congress and not by the people would never happen. We have voted on our chief executive for over 200 years. You would never ever ever get enough people on board to make such a fundamental change in the Constitution. And that still wouldn't solve the problem that people keep electing the same morons year after year.
Oh yeah, I never suggested changing that! In France though they have a President, and a Prime Minister appointed by him. Just an idea.

Quote:
Reducing the influence of lobbyists definitely needs to happen, but it still won't make a difference in people voting for the same people every year.
It would reduce disillusionment.

Quote:
Term limits is a good solution. Sadly you'd have to get Congressmen and Senators to agree to it which they never will. Even with term limits I'm not convinced it would entirely fix the problem, but it is a great start.
Well it would simply increase the number of inexperienced politicians as I said. If one simply had less power for lobbyists and less junkets corrupt politicians would be much less of an issue.