View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hadron
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC One (S-Off), HTC Desire (retired)
Carrier: Orange UK

Thanked 5,168 Times in 3,723 Posts

No, really, your apps are on sd. For example, your picture shows Adobe Reader using 888kB of internal space. On my phone it uses slightly more - 1.08 MB (of which 0.94MB is app, the rest is data). But when I move that app to the phone it uses 11.30MB of internal space! So I don't think there's any doubt at all that you have it on SD (and Angry Birds, next in your list, is even larger).

My phone model also suffers from limited internal storage, and many ROMs for it support moving apps (specifically the apks and dalvik cache) to an extra partition on the sd card. What you do is create a second partition with a linux file format (ext3 or ext4 - I recommend GParted for partitioning, which is a linux tool). Then a script moves these app elements from internal to the partition, and puts a pointer in the internal memory to where these things have been moved. This way these bits of the app appear to the OS to still be on the phone, but actually are on the card. If you've moved most stuff to sd then moving apks won't really save you much (except that you can move all apps this way), but moving the dalvik cache will.

That does require support from the ROM, though you may be able to install a script such as DarkTremor if such support is not built in. However, another option is an app called Link2sd, which can be found in the Play Store. That does the same job. It still requires a second partition, but may be easier to set up. It also claims it can work with a fat32 format second partition, but I've never tried this. The description of the app explains what it's about in more detail than I can fit here
Last edited by Hadron; November 12th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.