View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #47 (permalink)
sriharsha_m
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: INDIA
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica, Nokia 5800XM, iPod touch 32GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurdeep.Singh.Mander View Post
I think i got it. The problem is not with the Odin, but the drivers itself. When in download mode, the drivers get automatically installed and under Modems, it shows "SAMSUNG Mobile Modem" in place of "SAMSUNG Android Mobile Modem". Similarly, under Universal Serial Bus controllers, it shows "SAMSUNG USB Composite Device" in place of "SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device". On the other hand if u boot normally with 1.5, the devices those get listed are exactly what we want. I also tried unblocking .sys files from properties and update drivers, still no luck. Omitting CSC as well didn't work for me.
BTW, if you get stuck at the screen with "!" mark, deattach the usb cable remove phone battery, replace it and then again plug-in the cable. It'll show as charging, and at this point press power-on button. It should boot normally
Uffff Finally got it done.
That modem driver was the issue, For me the modem was installed as "Samsung CDMA Modem" no matter what I did, fiddled around for 3hrs and then I tried updating the device drivers and updated it with the drivers from that guide and Viola everything is over within 5 mins and I'm on 2.1

For those who are getting some image error in ODIN, run the application as administrator.
sriharsha_m is offline  
Reply With Quote