View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
cmybliss

Device(s): Samsung GSIII (Verizon),HTC Incredible 2, HTC Incredible, HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Until recently, reasonable things could get passed, now one party will block things they are in favor of just because the other party wants it. I think we need to make some changes to the filibuster rules.
And that there is one of the biggest problems we have in our government. The Congress used to be able to pass things with a simple majority, you know, the way it was intended to work. Now we've got them using the filibuster, which in the past, had been reserved for extreme cases. Remember the days of cots in the hallways and representatives speaking until their voices were gone? Now we need a super majority to pass the smallest, least important bill. Both parties are guilty of it, though I would venture to say one is worse than the other. Get rid of the filibuster and severely limit lobbyists and we might stand a chance of moving this country forward.

I still like term limits, but they would have to be a reasonable length, say 12-16 years,and staggered so as to always have an experienced person from each state in office.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmybliss For This Useful Post:
Gmash (November 13th, 2012)