View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
MareLuce
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Google Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry2 View Post
MareLuce, I haven't created any maps in 'My Maps'.
Harry, could you please save a single PoI to a new map so that you can understand my context?

This would literally take 1 minute. On your PC or Mac, go to maps.google.com, and search for a POI in a city of interest to you. Click on "Save to Map". In a picture, I show this here <---

People traveling with me have created (while logged in to the same gmail account) this collection of POIs for our Christmas vacation. Now we have a great set of POIs for our trip all easily saved to Google Maps! There are not enough minutes available before our trip for me to re-do all that work on my Android.

Quote:
I think your POIs from 'My Maps' are in 'My Places' too ... and so you could reach your POIs in the same manner as I do ... and then you'd get on the POI's page 'Add as a contacts' at the Maps's menu
This picture <--- shows the only 2 menu options on my Galaxy Notes 2 that I see when I
a) tap on an existing POI in Android Google Maps, My Places, My Maps
b) tap on the ">"
c) tap on the menu button on bottom left

I see 2 menu options: Street View, and Share. No Add to Contacts.

Quote:
I approach 'My Places' directly by the Maps tab (upper left corner).
Me too. It sounds like the difference is:

- You are searching for Points of Interest STARTING on your Android.
I CAN "Add to Contacts" if I do this.

- However, that is not my problem. I AM trying to tap on Points of Interest ALREADY SAVED TO A MAP by either me or people I'm traveling with, in order to be able to easily call them once we start traveling and I have limited data connectivity.

Do you agree that's the difference between what you are doing and what I'm trying to find an answer for?

Workaround that is a lot more work:
I can manually copy and paste it all from the maps.google.com POIs fields into Microsoft Exchange and then sync.

But finding a way to "Add to Contact" 2 taps on my Galaxy Notes 2 would be infinitely easier. (probably any other solution would be lots easier)