Thread: General 4.2 is out?
View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
The Naf

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by idic View Post
Anyone else finding the new lock screen generally quite buggy?

In particular, occasionally the clock widget expands to cover up the unlock ring...
Its not a bug. If instead of the clock widget you had something like msgs on ur home lock screen you would see that touching the widget expands it displaying more of the info. If you click on the little padlock again it will go back to normal again. Of course the same thing will happen when you've swiped to either side and return to the home lock screen as it assumes ur already previewing the widgets...hope I made sense...

Also new is daydream in display options (like a screen saver for when ur charging or docked)

A two finger swipe will display the quick settings panel straight up instead of a regular swipe and a click in the icon.

Photo sphere and other enhancements in camera and gallery though I hate that horrible grey background when viewing pictures...enough of this already...gimme a simple black background please google! That goes for settings and anywhere else they have grey

Also as seen earlier new gmail allows pinch to zoom but has to be enabled in settings

Also supports triple tap to zoom like in ios. Has to be enabled in accessibility.

I believe it scans and warns before allowing downloads of potentially dangerous apps.

New clock with timer, stopwatch and world clock. Thanks Google. But have to scroll manually through cities list! No search function! REALLY!?

Edit: swipe gestures available on native keyboard.

Can have personalised msg on home lock screen

There's probably more but that's all I can remember.
Last edited by The Naf; November 15th, 2012 at 01:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Naf For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (November 14th, 2012), tube517 (November 14th, 2012)