View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #148 (permalink)
AntimonyER
AF Addict

Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperThorn View Post
I'm pretty sure that Verizon set it up so that if you move from a 3G account to a 4G account, you have to resign your contract. That's one of the reasons I upgraded to the Rezound when I did. I had to get 4G locked in before the unlimited data was all through.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to get a new contract to be on 4G, and therefore wouldn't be able to just get a SIM activated on your 3G account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats View Post
Then I will have to think harder about this. I slipped up by not getting anything 4G related prior to now. I dont use a tremendous amount of data, but I dont want it removed. If I am going to get dinged that hard...I might just use the company POS phone on the road and go somewhere else. This really harshes the happy buzz....
You won't need a new contract to go from 3G to 4G, so you won't lose unlimited if you do that. They DO have to change the data code, but since data is considered an add-on feature, and not associated with the contract plan, you can change it without affecting your contract.
See something you hate? Hit Report!
The Following User Says Thank You to AntimonyER For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 15th, 2012)