View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
sean76

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I just called the support line and from what the person could see, my order is still pending and is not backordered. That doesn't give me a ton of hope given how big of a cluster**** this whole launch has been.
I just called also. Pretty much got the same answer as far as, Well you have a 50/50 shot of either being in the backordered bunch, or getting your device in the next few days!

What really gets me is this...

When I started the process of placing my order at say 11:30am I was kicked out of the buy page a few times and actually ended up placing 3 orders all together and was able to cancel 2 of those orders and pretty much keep my original order of a 16gig Nexus 4, and now days later a lot of us are getting back ordered emails. My question is where did all the stock go? Could this all be because they released the device in so many different areas at different times. For instance Australia first, then the UK next, and then the US? Of course the US would suffer if demand was high in the previous areas the phone was released. Why not just pick one day, and one time, and let the chips fall as they may.