Thread: Support Can I go back to 4.1?
View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
wtherrell

Device(s): Hyperdriven VZW Dev Edition GS4, Sourcerized Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
Wait it out, or use adb, but don't unplug it. A failed flash by unplugging it is horrible, especially if it's the boot loader that's a sure fire way to brick it and not be able to flash anything.

To the poster with problems, are you in the boot loader still? If so you can try adb to flash it. I am strongly against the use of toolkits
Toolkits are great when they work. They are a pretty good starter kit to the world of unlocking, rooting, roming. When I use ADB it's like copying a recipe or letter to the exact degree at first but I am able to start getting an idea of what is really going on. Had it not been for rootkit I would probably still be stuck in the mundane and boring world of stock Verizon. (Ugh, what a thought.)
No it's (cable pull) exactly what I had to do on my gnex. It went all night stuck like that and in the morning had completely gone dead. Had to charge several hours with original cable to bring it back. Next time it did it I pulled the cable and started over, it worked the next time--no brick. Maybe I was just lucky.