Thread: Support File problems?
View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
DSMINMN
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Atrix 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgiobuin View Post
I believe the upgrade to ICS has overtaxed the operating system on these phones. The phones have GREAT hardware, but the original operating system just was NOT like the others that received ICS with little to no problems. I also believe that this is why it took so long for the ICS release AND why the Atrix 2 was REMOVED from the Jelly Bean update promise list.

Whether or not the "bugs" are on purpose (to make Motorola/AT&T more money) or just poor programming (which neither company will freely admit to) I don't think the Atrix 2 is as good as it should have been. A complete under-achiever. Sad, really.
Much of what you said goes over my head, I am not going to lie and pretend I 100% know what you're talking about though. lol

Do you have any suggestions on how to overcome this? That or possibly bypass it? I have also wondered if it would be possible to reset the phone back to its original setup and NOT install the update.

That and get a larger SD card while I'm at it.

Thanks for the reply and insight regardless; whether or not I fully understood it, lol. Thanks again.