View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Win Duos, Lenovo P700i
Carrier: China Mobile, China Unicom.

Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,780 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by consultant View Post
Is 16GB of storage THAT expensive? Is it THAT hard to offer a 32GB Nexus 4 version for $399? Crazy!
It's not crazy when Apple does it though, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by consultant View Post
I've got a 15GB music collection. Larger than average but I know people with much larger. They are mostly 192kbit-256kbit VBR MP3/M4A - good quality. I don't want to burn up my battery and my data plan limit having to stream my music from Google Play when driving!

Then consider, these latest greatest devices are sporting 8MP cameras and 1080P HD Video Recording producing larger and larger filesizes. Where are you going to store that, stream it to "The Cloud" - not on HPSA+, maybe LTE - oops, doesn't have LTE!. Even if it did, video is going to have to go to internal then moved later. Haven't even got into docs (easiest - Google Docs, no problem there), photos, same thing, stream it from the Cloud (a lot slower on HPSA+ than local) but then what if you have a ton of apps? It's just not all going to fit, in some cases not even close!

So you have these relatively inexpensive devices with fantastic latest specs, S4 CPU, wirless charging, yada yada yada. Who the the heck are they targeted at? The gamer with an unlimited data plan than never takes video?
Designed by Google employees for Google employees?

Put it this way, I don't think they'll be in a hurry to start selling Nexus devices here in China.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; November 16th, 2012 at 03:49 AM.