View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #60 (permalink)
PeteCress

Device(s): Note N7000, couple retired iPods, 10.1" Note N8013
Carrier: Nearest free WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserk60 View Post
I was looking for a podcast and stubled on this forum, i have used carcast for a long time and love it. and am only looking now for a new one to see if anything is better. It autodownloads at a time u allocate, holds the order i which u have listened , has huge buttons for ease of use...a record button to record anything in your car ie police conversation when being booked. but is free. Any experts if u try it could u compare it and c how it rates to the purchased ones?
I'm no expert, but I just tried CarCast against DogCatcher.

Seems to me like they are both valid approaches: minimalist, simple in the case of CarCast and full-featured but significant learning curve for DogCatcher.

I stuck with DogCatcher.

A big factor for me was the way CarCast lumps all the downloaded files into a single list - whereas DogCatcher segregates them by feed and allows building a play list where you mix them as desired.

OTOH, adding a podcast to a DogCatcher play list involves too many actions for my taste.... but that's small change in the context of it's many features.

Bottom line, I would advise anybody that's looking to try DogCatcher.... and give it a little time until you dope out the UI. It's not totally intuitive, but once I caught on all the functionality was there.