View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1686 (permalink)
oldcpu

Device(s): Asus Transformer TF101, Zopo ZP500+
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Consider obtaining a custom prom with U960 if using in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoM View Post
Can you please list what a ZTE U960 need in terms of flashing/ROMs/SW updates, etc. to work properly in a European environment?
I'm not a U960 user, but I am a user of a Chinese smartphone. What can make it easy for good European use is to (1) ask for a custom PROM and (2) ask the phone be setup by default in one's native language, and (3) ask that Chinese apps be removed, and (4) ask that googlestore be installed.

For example for the U960, Etotalk, a Chinese supplier provide for an extra $4.99 a Etotalk MOD ROM that provides the aspects I noted. According to Etotalk their custom MOD ROM provides:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etotalk website

What is Etotalk MOD ROM?

Now most of China branded phones come without google play store (android market) and only Chinese because they are for selling in China only, so they are locked and unrooted, if you need to use it well in other countries, you may select our etotalk mod rom.
Etotalk MOD ROM is built by etotalk engineering team, which will optimize the phone performance based on the official firmware.

The service package includes Multi Language OS, Google Play Store, Unlocked and Rooted. It will also delete all non-useful Chinese apps.

Note: this service is for preinstalled only, not including the rom file.
I suspect other Chinese suppliers will do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoM View Post
The Android version is dated and it doesn't look like ZTE updating it at all!
Indeed Android-2.3.5 is very dated.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldcpu For This Useful Post:
ZippoM (November 18th, 2012)