View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
Greven320

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I finally heard something...sort of...I called in and i was told it was "in transit and should be there tomorrow" and received this follow up e-mail.
"googleplay-support@google.com
Nov 15 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi David,

I appreciate the call and patience from you earlier.

Again , please let me know the update on package delivery by tomorrow this time via email.

Regards,

Brian
Google Play Support Team"
====================================
so i called today while i was at work since after the nexus 7 i didn't really believe them since i haven't even been charged yet and the story changes saying that it is still pending, so i got home and its not there so i replied back like was requested and got this reply:
"Hi David,

At this time it appears the shipment is in the same standing. Hang tight, your Nexus 4 will be at your house as soon as possible.
At this time still I cannot give a tracking number still. You might end up getting the device by this weekend without a tracking number at all. As well, you might
be getting your device earlier next week too.

Regards,

Brian
Google Play Support Team"
==================================================
little bit of a jump there from "in transit" to next week, so i replied back and questioned how that much of a change is possible and whats really going on, and he replied back with:
"googleplay-support@google.com
5:53 PM (44 minutes ago)

to me
Hi David,

I understand your frustration for not receiving your device in a timely manner, as when you ordered it you would expect to receive it sooner than later. I would
like to apologize for any misinformation throughout your email correspondence with myself and Google Play. After further research it has been determined that your current purchase is back-ordered. Rest assured that the Nexus 4 orders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received.

We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week time frame. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way.

If you would like to cancel the entire order, you can do so here:
Canceling or changing your order - Google Play Help

Please feel free to reply to this email with any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Brian
Google Play Support"
=================================
so i never did receive a actual e-mail saying it was back ordered other then this, but how is it physically possible for a package that is already "in transit" to back ordered?