View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
DemDog

Device(s): Note 3 & Note 10.1 2014 for me, Note 2 for the wife.
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnthrdntht View Post
I'm brand spankin new to Android. I just upgraded from an Iphone, which I've had for 5 years and before that I had a BB and now I am beyond lost... I thought I was pretty decent with figuring out phones but this Android business just stumps me.

I have been online searching for way too many hours now and I am not getting much further in my process in customizing and setting up my phone. Anyone have any tips on where to look up basic tips on this forum or online or a user manual (don't phones come with those anymore these days??) that would make my life a lot easier.

I know this is pretty vague but I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!
Assume you have an SG3. Two places to get manuals. First from Samsung and second from your carrier. Just go their sites and look in the Support sections for User Manuals. These should help you figure things out. But will tell you that even with those you will have to "play" around with your phone in order to get the screens the way you want them.

Once you get things set up it is time to find apps that will do some of the things you might want to do. For instance, I found a calendar app that I like better than the stock calendar. Same goes for the stock pix gallery app.

Also frequent this forum and other SG3 forums for info on apps, tips & tricks.

Good luck with foray into the world of Android.

Microsoft would have us believe that we are in a world without walls, if there are no walls who needs Windows?
The Following User Says Thank You to DemDog For This Useful Post:
damewolf13 (November 18th, 2012)