Thread: Support Nexus 10 Accessories
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
appleaj

Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Check out the bottom of this page: Google Nexus 10 review - PC Advisor

"The Nexus 10's back is a single piece of hard plastic, save for an inch-and-a-half-tall panel of removable material surrounding the camera at the top. The removable panel is another very Samsung-like touch; it's thin, flimsy, and feels like it'd be all too easy to snap in half. I was actually worried I was going to break it when I first peeled it off my device (thankfully, I did not).

Why would you even peel the panel off in the first place, you might be wondering? Unlike many Samsung-made phones, the panel doesn't give you access to the device's battery or other interiors. It does, however, serve as a placeholder for an optional cover accessory; Google sent me a bright red cover to try out.

Once attached, the cover flips around the top of the device to protect the screen. It also serves as an easy on-off switch: With the help of a hidden magnet, the cover automatically activates the Nexus 10's display when you lift it up and puts it to sleep when you place it back down. It's a nice touch that -- particularly with the way it integrates naturally into the tablet's form -- makes the product feel more complete.
(Google says the covers will be sold directly through its Google Play Store but has yet to release any info about their pricing or when they'll be available.)"