View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanked 2,790 Times in 2,018 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobio View Post
You can lose or forget a memory stick. And it's ideal to steal.

Better use a virtual USB stick: a personal cloud. You can't lose or forget it, and it can't be stolen. And you will never have to schlepp it around.
That's your first backup.

Added benefit: it can sync automatically with any other device that you install your personal cloud app on. Like e.g. your PC or laptop. So then it's easy to download from your personal cloud to your harddisk.
That's your second backup.

Because you should always have your important data in at least 2 or more places at the same time.

For a personal cloud minus.com is one of my favorites.
I wouldn't really recommend this one for music, unless it's your own music and you own the copyright.

Terms of Service - Minus
Minus Inc reserves the right to remove or replace any uploaded files, and assumes no liability for lost registration links or misplaced file URLs. The following types of files constitute "abuse" and may not be uploaded under any circumstances, when using Minus Inc's Image Hosting:
The following types of files constitute "abuse" and may not be uploaded under any circumstances, when using Minus Inc's Image Hosting:
  • Files that violate any law or may be considered to violate any law.
  • Files that infringe on the copyrights of any entity excluding the user.
You may find that 11GB of MP3s you uploaded has suddenly gone bye bye!!
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; November 18th, 2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: remove affiliate info from post.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikedt For This Useful Post:
eyebeam (November 20th, 2012)