View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #1694 (permalink)
ZippoM

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S Duos
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
It was clear to me (in my research) that one is paying more $ for the Samsung name for a more expensive phone with quite a bit less capable performance. I guess the question is, by going Samsung does one get better support/quality ?
Yes, it is clear that you pay more for the support of the manufacturers and you have their guarantees, as long as you don't mess with their product.
It is interesting though, that as far as the DS phones are concerned the SAMSUNG Galaxy S Duos was officially announced and released only in Germany.It is on sale in other European countries also, but they are nowhere in the respective official SAMSUNG pages! Here in Finland the phone is not on sale (actually very few DS models are and they are of the older types).
I called the local official SAMSUNG rep, to ask about whether the S Duos will be released in Finland and the answer was that.... they know as much as I do!!!In my question if they support this model if it's bought from some other country, their answer was that as long as there is a valid international guarantee for the product, they fully support it.
I haven't been able to contact other brands yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
Out of curiosity, did you consider the Newman N1 ? My guess thou, the Newman N1's quality of build may not be as good as the phone's you listed. But it does mostly have the equivalent specs at a cheaper price.
No, I haven't consider it as it is completely unknown to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babatunde23 View Post
Can you tell me why you decided to pass on the ZTE U960? Is it because of the dated Android version?
Yes, I guess it is.Plus the fact that it is more expensive.