View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
chanchan05
The Doctor

Device(s): Note 3 LTE (N7105), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), , Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Globe Philippines

Thanked 2,583 Times in 2,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer7 View Post
Becomes outdated in 1 year ? I used a symbian 9.4 phone for 4 years (nokia 5800xm) and was happy for it. I'm going android because there are more apps for it, and hence my nokia died i have to get a new one anyway.

This ZTE is android 4.0.3 . Will any software/games work on it that were written for ics/android ?

Or how do you mean no support for it? I am getting a 2Y warranty from Serbian Telenor with it. Or you mean no newer android os upgrade ?
that didnt bother me with symbian.

No newer updates mostly. On Symbian this wasn't an issue because a lot of apps are backwards compatible. However that was a time of older tech where tech development went slowly. For example, 2 years later after being bought, my phone has some newer apps like Chrome incompatible with it due to outdated Android versions. While in general this doesn't really bother me as my Tab is new and would still get updates, it seems to bother other people to not have updates.

And another problem is that you could get incompatibility issues with current games because of the phone model. Some developers dont list certain phones as compatible because it wasnt tested.

Personally, if updates don't bother you, just go for it. It's a great phone for the price.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to chanchan05 For This Useful Post:
darkslayer7 (November 18th, 2012)