View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
AndroidMax

Device(s): Abandoned HTC for Samsung Galaxy S3. Now Note 3.
Carrier: Sprint

Send a message via ICQ to AndroidMax Send a message via AIM to AndroidMax Send a message via Yahoo to AndroidMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhelper View Post
The the .txt files from GPS receiver debug logging are written into /data/gps. You can delete them if you have root privileges.

If you turn off GPS Satellites under Settings > Location services, the GPS will not run, so it will then also not write any log files into /data/gps.

You can permanently resolve the problem as described here by turning off the unnecessary logging: I ran out of space ugh! Solution.

This has nothing to do with Google Maps or any other app. This is an internal OS issue that was delivered by Acer in the stock ICS build on all Iconia tablets, including the a500, a100, and a200.

So I carefully followed the instructions, gained root access, and when I check for log files in /data/gps, I find no folder called gps. I'm still running out of space, as my device reports 452MB free of 5.35GB. What else might be eating memory? I have NO music, No Photos and my videos are stored on the external SD card I installed.