View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dracable
AF Contributor

Device(s): Virgin Mobile Alcatel Venture (x3)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

well, im still working on this. been trying to include a custom splash in my rom, but still havent quite figured it out yet. the method i am using is decompiling the boot.img file from my rom via kitchen (ubuntu), and replacing the initlogo.rle file with my custom splash file, and then rebuilding the boot.img. i created the custom splash (240x320) in photoshop cs3, and saved it as a 24 bit png file with transparency enabled. then i converted the png to rle using png-to-rle tool. flashed the rom, still distorted. im still trying to figure this all out tho. one interesting thing i noticed... i converted the stock initlogo.rle to png using rle-to-png tool. i was left with 2 png files instead of 1. one png was just a black background, and the other png was a black background with the "Hello" image all distorted in the same way that my custom splash displayed on my phone. very interesting... anyone else have any ideas on this? been researching, but havent come across info specific to this problem!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dracable For This Useful Post:
eddielane71488 (November 25th, 2012)