View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #178 (permalink)
paroots

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus & Epic 4g Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil75231 View Post
Hello guys. I'm a noob here and just wanted to say that I have had my s3 for about a month, have downloaded Juice Defender Ultimate, Gsam Battery Monitor and have read every message in this thread and followed the suggestions where/when I could and now average a hair under 27 hours of battery life with moderate use. Am I wrong in thinking this is pretty damn good? Should I strive for even more life? It is not really needed as I live in Houston, Texas and am never away from a charging plug for more than a couple of hours at a time anyway.
I can't respond directly since I haven't done any long-term tests. I like to test the phone overnight when it's not being used. I find that with JDU, the battery drain is in the range of 0.3-0.4 %/h. Basically, I run the test by fully charging the phone then unplugging it and turning off screen. In the morning I start it up and check GSam first thing. I suggest trying that and seeing how you compare. The results are considerably better than running the same test with JDU disabled. As near as I can tell, I don't have any misbehaving apps. I'm using BetterBatteryStats, Watchdog, GSam, and BatteryMix. They all provide useful information.

For purposes of comparison, you might want to describe your JDU configuration
Pete
Last edited by paroots; November 19th, 2012 at 09:32 AM.