Thread: Support When is it arriving??
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #189 (permalink)
Bob Loblaw1

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mo

Now that I have a tracking number and can be more or less assured that my phone is on it's way, I look back on the whole scenario and can't help but wonder if it wasn't as bad as I thought, at least for me personally.

I stayed up until midnight on the 12th/13th and was disappointed the phone was not released then. But I'm always up at that time anyway and it could have been much worse, at least I wasn't on the East Coast at 3 a.m.

The next morning a Page Monitor I had running, thanks to a tip from Banished Angel, notified me of the early release and I placed my order in seconds, smooth as silk.

They advertised 2 days to process the order and 2 days to ship which would have put me at a Friday delivery at the earliest or Monday at the latest. As it stands, it sounds like I may get the phone as early as Tuesday or maybe Wednesday so was I really put out that much?

And it sounds like they are going to refund my $15 shipping charge and I'm hearing talk of a Google Play credit or some other act of goodwill on Google's part.

I was hoping to buy a bumper and was pretty disappointed when they sold out so fast but Shotlimesalt offered his extra one up at face value to the first person that responded to his post. He received it today and he's shipping it to me tomorrow. Another bit of good fortune on my part.

I was pretty hard on Google and am certainly not letting them off the hook for this debacle of a roll out BUT I have to give credit where credit is due and if my phone comes tomorrow or the next day AND they refund my shipping charges then I don't really have a whole lot to complain about.

Again, that's me personally. I know others had much greater trouble than myself and were unable to even order the device at all. I hope Google makes it right with those people as well and they get their phones much sooner than the 3 week estimate.
Last edited by Bob Loblaw1; November 20th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Loblaw1 For This Useful Post:
lunatic59 (November 20th, 2012)