View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,228 Times in 4,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood03 View Post
OK guys firstly - thanks for lending some wisdom, its appreciated! I followed the steps advised: cache/data-storage etc and nothing changed, still hangs on that initial HTC logo page.
The phone emits 1 vibration when tring to boot - just as it used to before this all went wrong.

here's the info copied from CMD as per instruction - ( for any recovery in case you need to know its windows xp sp3 that i'm using, and although the pc has card reader i am not able to access the micro sd card on this pc nor others that i have....can always buy an external reader if that makes any difference).

C:\Documents and Settings\mark>cd c:\mini-adb

C:\mini-adb>fastboot devices
HT0CMRX13730 fastboot

C:\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.00.0027
INFOversion-baseband: 26.14.52.27
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0438
INFOversion-main: 3.13.161.5 <-must be this number or greater
INFOserialno: HT0CMRX13730
INFOimei: [removed by mod]
INFOproduct: ace
INFOplatform: HBOOT-7230
INFOmodelid: PD9810000
INFOcidnum: VODAP001 <-must be compatible with this CID
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4113mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on <-this is what makes it difficult
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 743ca94a
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
INFOregion-id: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.000s

Guys......obviously first and foremost hoping to get the phone working again, then will gladly listen to any advice about how/what to do to make life more simple to avoid these issues in the future!!!!
cheers
Mark
in finding an ruu to run on a stock phone,2 important criteria must me met:
1) the main version must be equal to or higher than what you have
2) the rom must be compatible with your CID(carrier id)

i will do some more searching later,but a quick search in the usual spots doesnt show your exact ruu. if we cannot find it,we have a couple of options:
1)unlock the bootloader thru htcdev and install a recovery. we can enter a few adb commands with the phone in recovery,and change the main version to a lower number,so we can flash an older ruu

2)create a "gold card" so we can flash a different carriers RUU. there are a couple that are higher build numbers,but for different carriers here: Shipped ROMs unfortunately,youll need another android phone with an sd card to create the gold card.

gold card directions: HTC Desire: Updating To Froyo (Official OTA) For Network Branded Handsets | Mike Southby

3)combination of 1 and 2

in order to accomplish 1,we need to find an ruu with the same carrie id as yours. i.e.,the build number will contain the "161"... x.xx.161.x

im off to work,but ill search for ruus later if you guys dont have any luck. failing that,i can help if you want to procede with one of the other options above
donate to my device fund
Last edited by D-U-R-X; May 12th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
D-U-R-X (November 20th, 2012), Granite1 (November 20th, 2012), ral (November 20th, 2012), scary alien (November 20th, 2012)