November 20th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Over Macho Grande?
Join Date: Nov 2009
Device(s): MotoX, N5, N4, N7, GNex, N1, SGT10.1, Revue, Xoom, Eris, OG Droid
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,492 Posts
Why not have a look at the Nexus 4? Here's my quick take:
- Reports say battery is good, easily handles a full day.
- It's CHEAP inexpensive -- $250-300, no contract
- It's MADE to be rootable/flashable....etc.
- Should work pretty well on TMO and ATT (except LTE)
- the HSPA+ type 4G is plenty fast (42Mbps theoretical max)
- High res screen without a performance hit
- Fastest updates from Google for the OS.
- It's a large phone (4.7" I think) (but not Galaxy Note/tablet large)
Most phones currently released are this size roughly though.
- No LTE: LTE 4G is every so slightly more future proof. However, I dont even really see this as a big thing as most LTE networks will take a few years to become truly widespread/useful (IMO)
- battery not removable