View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood03 View Post
guys i'll trawl the net as best i can, but to save going off in the wrong direction i believe the '161' element refers to the fact\ that the RUU is UK Vodafone.....so we'relooking for an RUU that has the 161 part AND is the same version 3.13. ''161'' .5 or 'higher' - which part denotes higher/newer? the .5 or the 3.13?

Scotty....if all does fail would welcome some step by step pointers. i dont have easy access to another 'droid' based phone, so if a work around is indeed required ideally would prefer to avoid teh ghold card\ method, even if it means a couple of steps: regressing and then perhaps starting afresh once the phone is working.
in order for the ruu to mass the main version check,the whole thing will have to be numerically higher. for example:
3.13.161.5>3.13.161.3
3.13.468.2>3.13.161.5

ive been searching,and unable to come up with an ruu that contains "voda" in the name,or 161 in the build number. this is not looking so good for you to do a simple main version change

i will keep searching,but at this point it looks like your best option will be to make a gold card. that way,you have a couple higher ruus that will pass the main version check,and we can always lower it and try a lower different carrier version.

unfortunately,youll need an android phone to find the cid of the sd card that you want to use.

if you can make a gold card,then you can just try this ruu: Shipped ROMs

and if that fails,you could try this one: Shipped ROMs
donate to my device fund
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
D-U-R-X (November 20th, 2012), Granite1 (November 20th, 2012), scary alien (November 20th, 2012)