View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
SkinJob
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire, Teppic's stock Froyo ROM, Lee Droid, Mild Wild, MIUI XJ, iPhone 4s
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine_3 View Post
I use RingGuard and have for a long time, it works. No idea why it isn't working for you. If the volume rocker is hit I get a box asking if I want to change the volume, if I ignore it (or, if it's in my pocket and I don't see it) it just automatically resets the volume to what I have it set for.
The app does work on my non-rooted D4.
If you go on the Play Store and read the comments, one of them mentions that the app goes in an infinite loop of popup confirmation boxes, when you turn the volume down all the way down. That's exactly what it's doing on my phone. You can change the confirmation time, and if you set it for; ie. 5 seconds, the box will keep popping up every *five seconds*, if you don't press anything. Now here's where it gets sillier: If you press "NO", it keeps re-asking the same question. And if you press "Yes", you wish to confirm the volume change, well then your volume stays at 0%! You can't win with this silly app! And this is me running it at "high priority", "low priority", with all the settings at their optimum, etc. etc.

I'm imagining the app developer must have been highly stoned, to let this thing out on the market, without even testing it once to see if it works! Or maybe it just doesn't work on HTC phones, I don't know....

I can't say I've tried on a stock OS, but I can say I've tried numerous others when I had a stock OS, and they all had problems working properly.