View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
xxkid123

Device(s): HTC Inspire 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Based on what manufacturers have been doing, and the way the market has been changing, I don't think it's really going to happen. We'll see with how the Samsung Camera shapes out.

Anyways, mobile manufacturers have been making advancements in those tiny meniscus things, and incorporating them into phones, rather than making improvements in the software capabilities of cameras. HTC sense has hands down the best camera app I've ever used (although I have not yet used Sony Xperia so I can't comment), I can take better quality photos than your average digital camera. While I haven't used any of their phones, Sony Xperia has been rocking some serious hardware on their stuff as well. Most of their lineup is rocking a 13mp camera.

So rather than having a smarter camera, I think we're going to get a better phone.

As far as DSLR and those really fancy huge cameras- I think those will stay as they are now, in a dedicated niche for serious photography, unadulterated by full phone capabilities. Whether or not they get limited bluetooth and cloud storing capabilities, who knows?