View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanked 2,862 Times in 2,068 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

It could be that the particular phone just wont work properly with SD-cards larger than 32GB, many of them wont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
Where did you get the card if you don't mind me asking? There are scammers on eBay (and even the amazon market place) that can make the card look like it's bigger than it is, so a 2GB Card can be made to look like a 32GB Card etc, causing problems like you've described.

Could you test it with an app like h2testw, see if that reports it as being corrupt/smaller than it is?
That's a very distinct possibility, there's a lot of fake SD-cards and USB sticks around. They actually lie to the OS, pretended they have a much larger capacity than they really have. They'll accept 32 or 64 GB of your data as well, and you'll get a directory telling you that your data is on there. But you certainly wont be able to read the data back. They all come from China of course. Put it this way, I certainly will not buy any famous name, like Sandisk, USB-sticks or SD-cards from the local supermarket.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; November 21st, 2012 at 03:53 AM.