View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:47 AM   #203 (permalink)
chanchan05
The Doctor

Device(s): Note 3 LTE (N7105), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), , Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Globe Philippines

Thanked 2,534 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamo_210 View Post
Welcome i see you have a galaxy tab 2. How is that working out. I was never a fan of the early samsung tablets i just felt the UI wasnt up to scratch. Did they improve that with the Tab 2 as i know someone who was thinking of getting one but they had a lot of questions.
I don't have the Tab 2, but I experienced both 2nd Honeycomb genTouchWiz UI and new ICS TouchWiz UI from Samsung on my Tab plus. Personally, I actually prefer Samsung's handling of the notification bar and onscreen navigation keys as opposed to the stock version, where the entire bottom bar is dedicated to three keys only, with the top reserved for the notification bar, kinda like an oversized phone. At least with samsung, you get that few mm on the top for the rest of your homescreen, and the bottom bar isn't so bare. Plus you get a screenshot button that works inside ANY app. And yes it can be changed to various options, like appdrawer (if you want to use a different homescreen) or search.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE