View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012, 05:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Win Duos, Lenovo P700i
Carrier: China Mobile, China Unicom.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,780 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchan05 View Post
They have the build quality. You can use the Lumia 900 to hammer a nail into wood and it still works with no scratches on the glass.
I can't get over just how expensive the Lumia 900 is here. It's more expensive than the iPhone 4S, and is only available with an expensive mandatory two-year contract. I do not understand what Nokia and Microsoft are trying to achieve by doing this. Nokia is basically a byword for cheap reliable candy-bar phones in China, totally unlike Apple.

Quote:
The chinese manufacturers are able to price less because they spend less on the production of those phones. Not only do they not do the research needed for it such as developing drivers and innovative software and apps (often such phones you mention run almost stock android), they don't spend for OS upgrades via OTA or PC. You're stuck with what you have.
Many of the little known cheapo brands in China, usually operating out of Shenzhen, can be like that sure. That's why I usually don't recommend that people buy them, and we do have a forum sticky about it. However there are exceptions, namely Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE, Meizu and Coolpad.

The Meizu MX and MX2 are certainly not running stock Android... flyme.cn ...and Meizu do support their products. My Lenovo is not really stock Android either and is very well supported. Lenovo even operates its own app store.

Quote:
Samsung and HTC spend for additional software development even after the phone is sold.
Samsung doesn't always support and update products, like with country restrictions or whatever. I know that from experience.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; November 21st, 2012 at 05:59 PM.